People to People Sponsor
Access Procedures for Fort Leavenworth
Apply for new annual LAC Cards byDecember 31 for Base Access (Sponsoring Members)All LAC cards expire in February, and must be renewed in order to retain access to the Fort. Local Access Cards (LACs) are your way onto Fort Leavenworth for events and officer visits (should your officer live on post). They provide both the Fort and our members a measure of security, albeit with a degree of inconvenience in the initial application and retrieval of the card(s) in person. We appreciate that our sponsors understand the need for security at U.S. military bases.
Order of the "LAC Process"
Please note the order, or sequence of events occurring when applying for and receiving your local area access card (LAC).
- Please fill out and submit your LAC Form before December 31, 2023 LAC application form (you complete the "applicant" part only). NOTE: This is a new version of the form. Please do not use a previous version. IMSD requires the form be completed electronically (do not handwrite). Remember to not sign or date the form, stop after the Criminal History section.
- Send the completed LAC forms to Pat Burnett (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Sharon Valášek (email@example.com) by email or U.S. mail.
- Pat or Sharon will acknowledge receipt and will email the completed LAC to IMSD.
- Pat or Sharon will contact sponsor(s) when we have been notified by IMSD that the application is ready. Do not call the Visitor Control Center (VCC) before you receive notification from Pat or Sharon that your application is ready for pick up. Calling the VCC before being notified by Pat or Sharon can cause confusion (VCC may say they don’t have the application when, in fact, it is with someone else (e.g., IMSD) integral to the process. When VCC says they don’t have it, it causes sponsors to believe their application hasn’t been submitted).
Once notified by Pat or Sharon that the LAC is ready for pick up, call the VCC. (Before sponsors drive to Fort Leavenworth have them call the VCC at 913-684-3600 to make sure the system that issues the pass is working. If sponsors have any problems while there, call Eric Stafford's mobile phone 816-409-9400).
NOTE: The VCC is open Monday – Friday, 7:00 – 4:00.
- Pick up pass within 30 days of approval date. (Approved applications are valid for and must be picked up within 30 days, otherwise the process starts over -- requiring a new app to be submitted). A rule introduced in 2018 from the VCC states that sponsors are allowed to apply only 3 times, so please don't let your approval expire.
Link to the annual LAC Application Form- Submit by December 31
Note: If you're not accustomed to using a fillable PDF form, you might find this link helpful: "How to Fill Out an Attached PDF & Email Back."
Visitors can now apply for and receive a
temporary Visitors Pass Online!
The Fort Leavenworth Online Visitor Registration Portal is open for business. We are no longer issuing paper visitor passes. They are now all virtual. A “pass” will be attached to the visitor’s ID in our security scanning system. Visitors may still use our Visitor Center or the new online portal. Here are some tips for the system.
- Click the following link from a computer or mobile device:
- Fill in your personal information and visit details. You cannot register more than 10 days in advance.
- You’ll be notified via text message if your visitor pass is approved, or if you should go to the Visitor Center to request access.
- When you arrive at the gate, you must present the same driver’s license or passport you registered with online.
- Special event visitor links can also be created if you’re hosting a special event on Fort Leavenworth (retirement/promotion ceremony, wedding, reception, etc.)
- Contact the Visitor Control Center (VCC) at 913-684-3600 with questions.
Copyright 2022 - Greater Kansas City People to People Council - All Rights Reserved.